Logan Circle Parking Problems

A Blog designed to bring to the attention of our political leaders the problems of illegal church parking

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Linda Cropp: If it looks like a duck, quaks like a duck, it more than likely is a duck!

Here is another poster from one of our comment sections. Again, Cropp isn't holding up well to public scrutiny. She might be saying all the right things in private, but in public she sure does look like a supporter of illegal parking habits for churches.
I also emailed Cropp's office with my concern over her appearance and comments at the RALLY. Here is the double-speak reply: I absolutely support your right and the right of all residents to park without interference. I do not support illegal parking. I attended the rally to urge support for solutions that respect that residents must be able to park freely, and also address the need for parking for churchgoers.

This is consistent with my view that we must find creative solutions to our parking problem. I voted to change our parking regulations to allow parking in certain restricted areas during late night and early mornings to increase the number of available, legal parking spaces. Specifically, from 10 p.m. to 7:30 a.m., a resident now can park closer to an intersection, and can park in loading zones and in entrances--forbidden areas during all other hours.

I would welcome the change to talk with you more about this. Please give me your number or call me on 724-8032. Thank you for taking the time to write me. Linda Cropp I responded: Dear Chairman Cropp: I believe you only support our rights to park freely in theory--just as Jack Evans does. Logan Circle had its task force--the churches took part in the process and are now using rhetoric during an election year to try to get a better deal. This is from the Washington Times indicating all was in place from DDOT's perspective to implement the proposals from the Logan task force: "We are using Logan Circle as a pilot program for the rest of the city" said Karyn LeBlanc, a spokeswoman for the District Department of Transportation (DDOT). "We want to see how implementing full enforcement in that area is going to work before implementing it citywide."

I've always admired you as a conciliator, but Logan residents made concilations and have paid the prices with DDOT restriping costs and traffic patterns that slow down traffic all days of the week to accommodate Sunday parkers. We just want fairness, but election fears have trumped us getting that. Jack Evans copped out by saying that only the Mayor can enforce the parking laws, but we know the Council Chair and Councilmembers can advocate for residents to influence him. You and he have just chosen not too. Unfortunately Evans is not running for reelection this year. But you and Phil Mendelson are. We need to continue to tell these politicans that another task force is not aceptable.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody needs to hold her accountable. She is getting away with as much crap as Jack Evans.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. She sends out the same response to all the people emailing her:

"I absolutely support your right and the right of all residents to park
without interference. I do not support illegal parking. I attended the rally to urge support for solutions that respect that residents must be able to park freely, and also address the need for parking for churchgoers. This is consistent with my view that we must find creative solutions to
our parking problem. I voted to change our parking regulations to allow parking in certain restricted areas during late night and early mornings to increase the number of available, legal parking spaces. Specifically, from 10 p.m. to 7:30 a.m., a resident now can park closer to an intersection, and can
park in loading zones and in entrances--forbidden areas during all other hours.

I would welcome the change to talk with you more about this. Please
give me your number or call me on 724-8032. Thank you for taking the time to write me.

Linda Cropp"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home